Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 1811 ISDN problem

henryx999
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I met following problem when using Cisco 1811 to route traffic via LAN and ISDN line. Routing via LAN is ok but there is not any response from ISDN card despite of the fact the booting is ok, and system recognizes the bri0/0/0 and it is possible to configure this interface. The Cisco configuration seems to be ok as well, it works with the Cisco1711 when routing via ISDN only. Could anyone give me a piece of advice?Thanks

4 Replies 4

kerek
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Can you post the config and the "show isdn status" output?

Thanks,

Krisztian

Hi, thanks for the reply...Unfortunatelly I am not at the cisco. When I made the show isdn status command, always got the "B1 is deactivated", no chance to raise it up.

Part of the config is following (got only in paper form]

username ...blablabla

interface FastEthernet0/0

ip address blabla

duplex auto

speed auto

no cdp enable

interface BRI0/0/0

no ip address

encapsulation ppp

dialer-pool member 1

isdn switch-type basic-net3

isdn point-to-point-setup

no cdp enable

ppp authentication chap

interface dialer1

bandwidth 64

ip unnumbered FasrEthernet0/0

encapsulation ppp

dialer pool 1

dialer remote-name blablabla

dialer idle-timeout 20

dialer string blablabla

dialer hold-queue 100 timeout 15

dialer-group 1

compress stac

no cdp enable

ppp authentication chap

ip classless

ip route blablabla Dialer1

thanks

Jindra

Jindra

I do not notice any particular problem with the config as you have put it from the paper copy. I believe that we will not make much progress until you get to the Cisco and are able to post the output of show isdn status.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

"deactivated" is normal with some of the ISDN switches, which will only activate the line if someone is calling/called. Try to enable "debug isdn q931" and then issue a "isdn test call int b0/0/0 YOUR_DIALER_STRING". More detailed problem can be found. If you can't understand it, post it here.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card