cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPCC Express need push in right direction for icd.aef & aa.aef

abertram
Level 5
Level 5

Hello, I'm new to the scripting environment for IPCC Express and I'm trying to modify the sample icd.aef script to my customer's needs and I'm looking to leverage some functionality from the aa.aef script, particularly the menu functionality from the begining (press 1, press 2, press 0). I can't seem to figure out where the logic is that links the "1" digit to a particular section and "2" to another. I've gone through the properties of all the various items and I do not see where it would be configured so I'm a little confused as to how it is being done. I'm having a feeling it is done with the various prompts items I see but I am not sure.

I think I just need a nudge in the right direction or a brief explaination. Thanks.

2 Replies 2

Hello, Thanks for the prompt reply. I've been going over these docs since I started but I'm still not seeing the connection as to how the options 1, 2 and 0 are applied in the aa.aef script. They don't seem to go over step by step the aa.aef sample script, only the icd.aef. Unless I am missing something completely. Which is possible considering how long I've been lookinag at this stuff.

Basically what I'm trying to accomplish is

1)Welcome greeting - Thank you for calling, if you know your parties ext. enter it now or press 9 for company directory. Otherwise your call will be handled by the next avail. rep.

2)User enters ext > transfer to that person

3)User enters "9" > transfer to Unity directory handler

4)User stays on line for delay of 8secs, send to CSQ.

With the frustration mounting, I'm considering whether or not it would be a better idea to have the calls go into a Unity Call Handler (which would provide dial-by-ext, and directory handler) and then after the greeting has played and 8sec expires, transfer caller to CRS server directly into the CSQ.

I'm very new to IPCC so I'm just trying to make sure I am pointed in the right direction.

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: