Views
Helpful
Replies

Limiting Access to 53xx/54xx

maxclark
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

When using the 53xx/54xx platforms to convert a TDM interface to SIP. How do you limit what IP addresses can send SIP calls to the appliance to be completed via the TDM connection?

More specifically, when you have a phone connected to a SIP Router with a route pointing to the 53xx/54xx I want to enforce that the SIP Router can create the call for the phone, but the phone cannot directly call thru the appliance.

Thanks,

Max

2 Replies 2

sbilgi
Level 5
Level 5

configure the sip bind {control I media}command under voice service voip configuration mode to use the external interface with public address.

For more information about how to bind the control interface, refer to Configuring SIP Bind Features.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios123/123cgcr/vvfax_c/callc_c/sip_c/sipc1_c/chapter7.htm

Hi,

This isn't what I was looking for. I want to limit (via ACL?) what SIP devices can send traffic to the 53xx/54xx.

Thanks,

Max

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: