Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Installing Patch on IPCC Express

Hi,

We are currently using IPCC Express 4.0(4)_Build140. We are planning to install patch CRS 4.0(4)SR1 on IPCC Express. To install this is it necessary to have BARS installed on the IPCC Express server?????

Can some one let me know the procedure to install the patch!!!!

We are having only one IPCC express server which is connected to CCM cluster.

Please help me out!!!!

8 Replies 8

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

BARS needs to be installed and configured, but not on the IPCC Express server. Take a look at the "Patching Cisco CRS" section of the following document.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/sw_ap_to/apps_4_0/english/administ/crs404ig.pdf

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

Hi,

Thanks for your info.

I need some clarification that

1.Is it we need to Configure BARS on CCM Publisher Database??

2. Is it we need to store the patch file on Publisher?

3. In Restore wizard: Step 2 of 4

- In the "Data Destination Server" field, wheather we need to enter Publisher IP Address or IPCC express server IP Address ?

Please guide me !!!!!!!

Because i am not very much familiar with installing patches!!

1. Yes, install BARS on the publisher.

2. You will need a copy of the patch file on the BARS backup server (publisher) and on the IPCC Express server.

3. This is unclear in the instructions, but you will enter the IPCC Express Server IP address.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Hi Brandon,

Thanks alot for your valuable answers.

Just we are very much worried about database.Because we don't have redundancy for existing IPCC Express server.

After taking the backup of CRS engine, if we install the patch(SR1),but after installing the patch if the existing database lost, if then we tried to restore from the backup, if it does't work...then it becomes a big problem.

So please advise us regarding,

What are the backup we need to take?

What are the standard procedure & restore procedure for this Patch installation we need to look?

Can it possible to take GHOST image of the existing IPCC Express server?

Can we take the image of the IPCC Express on rented Cisco server so that if something goes wrong,we can revert back from rented server?

Please advise us!!!!!!

Thanks & Regards,

Krishna

You will need to perform a BARS backup of your existing cluster. See the following link for both backup and restore procedures for CRS.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_book09186a00807d5cdb.html

Creating an image of the server is certainly another option.

Brandon

Hi Brandon,

If i am not wrong MCS7845 is configured with RAID, so we cannot make the Ghost image.

Can you please suggest which are the options we can see for full backup.

Thanks & Regards,

Krishna

Hi Brandon,

I am having a query below; Please let me know is it technically possible or not !!

Query:

MCS7845 has 4 harddisks(2:2);If we remove the backup hard disks before installing the patch& do the patch installation on active drives. After the patch installation if something goes wrong we can put the backup drives to restore the Configuration and Database!!!!

Are they mirrored arrays?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: