7931G functionality compared to 7960+7914 in CCME

Answered Question

Hello everyone,

could someone comment on the use of 7931 as a non-extensible combination of 7960 and 7914 for a CCME environment. I have an installation that only requires 16 buttons on the "attendant console" and I was wondering if I could use 7931 for this. I am aware of the restriction to single line ephone-dns only, but can the other buttons be programmed as speed dial buttons with DSS (single button transfer) and BLF functionality? Obviously, for transfers, one would need two ephone-dns as explained in the CCME 4.0(3) features manual.

Regards,

Bostjan

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by Paolo Bevilacqua about 9 years 4 months ago

Hi,

Not sure what limitation you are referring to. We use the 7931 with dual-line DNs and everything works fine including transfer and BLF/DSS.

Overall I like it better than a 7961 + sidecar, because the backlighted display that makes it easier to read.

If you feel adventurous, look at linksys 962 + 932 extension. I cannot guarantee that all the button features would work immediately as it is a SIP phone and not SCCP, but now, that is a really nice phone. Hopefully cisco will borrow this design soon.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
Paolo Bevilacqua Mon, 07/16/2007 - 09:11

Hi,

Not sure what limitation you are referring to. We use the 7931 with dual-line DNs and everything works fine including transfer and BLF/DSS.

Overall I like it better than a 7961 + sidecar, because the backlighted display that makes it easier to read.

If you feel adventurous, look at linksys 962 + 932 extension. I cannot guarantee that all the button features would work immediately as it is a SIP phone and not SCCP, but now, that is a really nice phone. Hopefully cisco will borrow this design soon.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Paolo Bevilacqua Mon, 07/16/2007 - 12:31

Hmm, no. The 7931 is just like the other phones, only with more buttons.

Thanks for the nice rating and good luck!

Actions

This Discussion