Views
Helpful
Replies

7931G functionality compared to 7960+7914 in CCME

golob
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

could someone comment on the use of 7931 as a non-extensible combination of 7960 and 7914 for a CCME environment. I have an installation that only requires 16 buttons on the "attendant console" and I was wondering if I could use 7931 for this. I am aware of the restriction to single line ephone-dns only, but can the other buttons be programmed as speed dial buttons with DSS (single button transfer) and BLF functionality? Obviously, for transfers, one would need two ephone-dns as explained in the CCME 4.0(3) features manual.

Regards,

Bostjan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Not sure what limitation you are referring to. We use the 7931 with dual-line DNs and everything works fine including transfer and BLF/DSS.

Overall I like it better than a 7961 + sidecar, because the backlighted display that makes it easier to read.

If you feel adventurous, look at linksys 962 + 932 extension. I cannot guarantee that all the button features would work immediately as it is a SIP phone and not SCCP, but now, that is a really nice phone. Hopefully cisco will borrow this design soon.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Not sure what limitation you are referring to. We use the 7931 with dual-line DNs and everything works fine including transfer and BLF/DSS.

Overall I like it better than a 7961 + sidecar, because the backlighted display that makes it easier to read.

If you feel adventurous, look at linksys 962 + 932 extension. I cannot guarantee that all the button features would work immediately as it is a SIP phone and not SCCP, but now, that is a really nice phone. Hopefully cisco will borrow this design soon.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Thank you for your very fast reply. Reading the available documentation for 7931G, I was lead to believe that you need to have two ephone-dns with the same number on separate lines to support call transfer with the outbound call originating from the same number.

Hmm, no. The 7931 is just like the other phones, only with more buttons.

Thanks for the nice rating and good luck!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: