Syslog Collector

Answered Question
Jul 16th, 2007

I was reading a previous topic regarding to the similar issue I am experiencing currently I have a Syslog Collector status is up and running. But my on the Server my sysloganalyzer.log is completely empty. But my syslog.log continue to grows everyday, so my question is if I am able to run report within RME via the Report Generator and successfully run them should I be worried about the Sysloganalyzer.log being 0kb?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by Joe Clarke about 9 years 4 months ago

The SyslogAnalyzer.log should typically be empty on Windows. This is the stdout/stderr log for the SyslogAnalyzer daemon. Debugging output is written to AanlyzerDebug.log. It sounds like everything is working properly, and you have nothing to worry about.

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
bjornarsb Mon, 07/16/2007 - 10:52

Hi,

I expirenced the same. You probarly are logging to another file :)

BR,

Bjornarsb

dionjiles Mon, 07/16/2007 - 11:15

How would I go about getting that information....should it be logging to the syslog.log by default? Thats the only file I see that grows continously....

Correct Answer
Joe Clarke Mon, 07/16/2007 - 15:43

The SyslogAnalyzer.log should typically be empty on Windows. This is the stdout/stderr log for the SyslogAnalyzer daemon. Debugging output is written to AanlyzerDebug.log. It sounds like everything is working properly, and you have nothing to worry about.

Actions

This Discussion