cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Syslog Collector

dionjiles
Level 1
Level 1

I was reading a previous topic regarding to the similar issue I am experiencing currently I have a Syslog Collector status is up and running. But my on the Server my sysloganalyzer.log is completely empty. But my syslog.log continue to grows everyday, so my question is if I am able to run report within RME via the Report Generator and successfully run them should I be worried about the Sysloganalyzer.log being 0kb?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The SyslogAnalyzer.log should typically be empty on Windows. This is the stdout/stderr log for the SyslogAnalyzer daemon. Debugging output is written to AanlyzerDebug.log. It sounds like everything is working properly, and you have nothing to worry about.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

bjornarsb
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I expirenced the same. You probarly are logging to another file :)

BR,

Bjornarsb

How would I go about getting that information....should it be logging to the syslog.log by default? Thats the only file I see that grows continously....

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The SyslogAnalyzer.log should typically be empty on Windows. This is the stdout/stderr log for the SyslogAnalyzer daemon. Debugging output is written to AanlyzerDebug.log. It sounds like everything is working properly, and you have nothing to worry about.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: