Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Voicemail weird problem

maddox-mp
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

We are encountering a problem with some users on our CCM 4.X/Unity 4.2 Cluster. The IP phone shows "You have voicemail" , the MWI Lamp stay ON, but in reality when user check the VM ,there are not voice mail messages . After troubleshooting the Unity looks that is Fine, and problem appear to be in CCM.

Has someone encounter this issue and what was the fix?

Many thanks in advance,

Regards,

Maddox

22 Replies 22

ranpierce
Level 6
Level 6

Question:

Is the lamp on with a new message and then the subscriber checks it and the lamp stay on when it should go off then?

rlp

Maddox,

Afer retrieving the last new message on a mailbox, can you see the Unity Server dialing out a MWI call using Call Viewer'

The MWI lamp stay ON, even after the user checks the messages. Normally should go off but in this particular case doesn't.

Maddox

Doug Anderson
Level 1
Level 1

Maddox,

Can those phones exhibiting the trouble dial the MWI OFF number as defined in CM? You should be able to dial the on/off numbers and watch the light turn on/off. If you get fast busy, verify the CSS for the phones in question.

dander1,

The only devices that need to dial the MWI ON/OFF numbers are the Unity ports. You can have a Calling Search Space/Partitions scheme that prohibits other phones to dial the MWI numbers to prevent spoofing (pranks, etc.) So, the test you suggest may not necessarily work in a particular setup.

Regards,

Ariel

Maddox still hasn't really specified the problem. It could be a Unity/Exchange issue too. First we need to find out if the light was on before he checked the messages and the light did not turn off.

rlp

Maddox here are a few questions:

1: New install?

2: Happen to everyone or some subscribers?

3: What version of the Unity TSP do you have installed?

4: Do you have the nightly resych enabled?

rlp

Rip,

Please see my previous reply. Also, here are the answers to your questions:

1. Not a new install.

2. It happens only to 8-9 users out of 1600.

3. Unity TSP ver is 8.1(3)

4. Yes

Correct rip , due to the fact the Unity is remotely and time difference is about 7 hours, I have asked users, tomorrow morning, to listen and delete all the messages , and then check the status of MWI lamp again (at this point we know that is stays ON even when is no message), and then I can go in Unity, for each 8-9 users with this problem, out of 1600 in total , and do the Refresh Status for MWI after that I need to go into CCM PUB and use SQL Query analyzer and run the query for each DN and see if the "tklampblinkrate_messagewaiting" value is (1) or (2) . If is (2) means ON , in this case we have a CCM failure and need further investigation.

Hope this info it will clarify more the issue I am having it.

Many thanks in advance,

Regards,

Maddox

I guess my question is, is Unity going out and asking exchange if there are changes in the inbox without you doing the refresh.

Do you have dedicated ports for MWI?

If so do this test. Leave a message with Port Status Monitor on with the dedicated port open and see if the on code is sent by Unity.

rlp (not rip) :-)

Hi,

From the IP Phones with Voicemail problems I can dial 8110/8111 and I can turn ON/OFF the MWI Lamp.

Maddox

The question still is is Unity sending an off code after you check messages for those users? Plese do the test I requested.

If you do not see an off code in Port Status Monitor then I would say no. Unity does not know of the change of status in the inbox and is not sending the off code.

rlp

one other question,

are you doing a global refresh status or refresh status on each subscriber at a time on the subscriber>messages page in the SA?

rlp

I am doing Refresh Status on each subscriber at a time on the subscriber >message page in SA.

Thanks,

Maddox

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: