cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 871 VPN issue

maccam308
Level 1
Level 1

I've attached a "good" debug and a "bad" debug. The "good" debug is when the 871 is plugged into a DHCP cable connection. VPN works perfectly fine when I use this broadband cable connection. However, when I have the 871 plugged into a Top Global cellular router which is NAT'd and port forwarded, the VPN will not establish. This is what the "bad" debug contains. The Top Global cellular router will assign a DHCP NAT IP of 2.2.2.2/29 to the WAN interface of the 871.

I know as a fact the NAT and port forwarding configuration on the Top Global cellular router is working properly because I can establish a VPN connection when I'm using a Juniper SSG5 device. The concentrator for this Juniper SSG5 is a Juniper ISG2000.

Both the Cisco 3845 concentrator and 871 are running IOS 12.4.

I don't see commands available on the 871 to enable NAT Traversal.

To sum things up:

- Configuration on the celluar router is correct because Juniper devices can establish a VPN connection

- VPN will only establish when Cisco 871 is plugged into a non NAT'd DHCP broadband connection

Any tips or suggestions are greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

1 Reply 1

maccam308
Level 1
Level 1

I had an ACL that didn't allow port 4500. VPN came up after I took the ACL out. Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: