cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Octel Migration to Unity

ryan.king
Level 1
Level 1

On the Aria version of Octel it seems pretty documented to provide bridging and importing of data. What I have not seen is a good definition of how to migrate the greetings on Octel over to Unity. I did not know if someone has written a script or tool for this or if this is suppored by the Migrate Subscriber Data tool? Their was a post last year on the topic of what could be migrated and I have not seen if the mailbox greetings could me migrated as well. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

1 Reply 1

navinger
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

The Migrate Subscriber Data tool cannot be used for migrating greetings directly from Octel to Unity.

However, if there are Bridge subscribers on the Unity system that correspond to the Octel users, you can use Migrate Subscriber Data to migrate the Bridge subscribers' data to the Unity subscribers, and that includes the voice names and greetings of the Bridge subscribers.

If there aren't any Bridge subscribers, then after you create the subscriber accounts on Unity, the new Unity subscribers will need to record their voice names and greetings the first time they log on to their Unity mailboxes.

Nancy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: