Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA5550 VLAN Trunking

dkirby
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Ive been having issues when creating subinterfaces with vlan id's on the 5550.

The port connecting to the ASA5550 is a trunked port and has the same vlan id as the sub-int on the 5550 and is allowed to trunk the vlan. When this is configured you are unable to ping between the ASA and the switch, icmp is allowed and the security level is configured to 100.

I have the excact same config on ASA 5540'S & 5520'S in the organisation and that is working with out any issues, I don't have different contexts configured. The switch has the mac-address of the ASA but won't pass traffic at layer3.

From what I can see the ASA5550 is configured in the same way as the other models, but the vlan doesn't apper to be trunked across. If the sub-int is deleted and the config moved on to the physical interface the traffic is passed at layer 3 without any issues

Is there anything im missing????

3 Replies 3

j-block
Level 4
Level 4

check if the traffic is properly tagged with the vlan ID

Hi

Thanks for the response, the issue has now been resolved. It seems I need to brush up my skills on the native vlan command!

Hi,

could you please share the solution by which you took care of this issue so that others can benefit?

Thx,

Mike

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: