cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCME and Expansion Modules

j-foote
Level 1
Level 1

I have a client that has requested 7914 expansion module for their 7960 phones.

They want to be able to see who is on their phone(presence), which I have configured and is working correctly.

The problem lies in the fact that they are using analog circuits and have shared lines on their phones. When the user goes offhook, their button lights up on the module until they press the shared line. Once they are on they shared line, they are no longer lit up on the module. Is there a way to have the ccme to display when the phone is offhook and not when the extension is in use?

Thanks

James

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

It is normal because the monitor button works at ephone-dn level, not physical ephone.

And if you monitor the shared extension, it will lit no matter who has taken the call.

To work around that, use an ephone-hunt as I was suggesting before.

Or, if you are interested, I wrote an utility that monitors physical phones using a web browser, see:

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=IP%20Telephony&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.1ddf2134

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

What phones do they have? if phones with buttons put the extension on the top button and the shared on the other. This way you will be abloe to monitor phone status accurately.

Then why they have to press the shared line to call out? can'tyou setup things so that their extension is first, and line out is selected automatically ?

I know that sometime users want all the phones to ring at the same time, but then they do not understand that even in cisco IPT a shared line behave just like a shared line, that is the first to pick, own it for the duration fo the call and the others are excluded.

They all have 7960 phones. Currently the setup is button 1 lists their extension, and buttons 2-5 are the shared lines.

When they answer a call coming in from the shared line, their line status remains unlit.

The olny time the light goes on is when they dial out using their extension, or they receive a call directly to their extension.

It is normal because the monitor button works at ephone-dn level, not physical ephone.

And if you monitor the shared extension, it will lit no matter who has taken the call.

To work around that, use an ephone-hunt as I was suggesting before.

Or, if you are interested, I wrote an utility that monitors physical phones using a web browser, see:

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=IP%20Telephony&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.1ddf2134

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: