cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dial In Solutions Requirements

fahmyaziz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi. I would like to setup a remote router where clients can dial in using their 56k modem. I've read that for this scenario, one would require network module digital modems and network module ISDN BRI. Cisco has announced EoL/EoS for NM digital modems and suggested to replace with PVDM s, but it seems that PVDM-DM only supports PRI and not BRI. Is this correct? Is there any other alternative dial in solutions which is more feasible?

Thanks in advance

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

How many ports you need? If few, get the BRI equipment you need, even if used, and it ends there.

If more ports or have to grow, then get PRI, the best choice would be an as5xxx,even used if the new ones are too expensive.

I'm only catering for about 10 users (not simultaneously) I was thinking of getting a 4 port NM 4B-ST. Its just that after reading the data sheet, Cisco did not mention about supporting BRI cards with the new PVDM digital modems and said only PRI. Have you tried using the PVDM digital modems with NM BRI cards?

I have not tried, but I have no reason to believe that it may work, because the datasheet clearly states that the PVDM-xxDM only works in conjunction with the NM PRI modules.

hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: