Views
Helpful
Replies

h323 config for uk and us

simmo
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

does anyone have a sample config for a h323 gateway for implementation in the UK, and one for the US?

Thanks...MS.

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

you have to not look at the country, but the type of application you are doing. for example, are you connected to PBX ( specify which type and interface) to telco (again specify which interface) and more importantly, what are you trying to do.

Hello,

this will be a CCM Gateway, with an E1 in UK, and T1 in US.

My concern is that just having a single .T peer will mean timeout delays, especially with variable length dial patterns. Here in AU, I use a template has about 8 dial peers to cover the variable length patterns.

Does that make sense?

I've attached an AU template that I use...

Yes it make sense. However, if you use CCM, the correctness of the called number is enforced first at CCM level. I understand that there are CCM templates circulating for both UK and the US. Try posting as 'CCM dialplans for US and UK'.

So, it is safe to use destination-pattern with T on the gateway. If you want to configure it with the correct destination-patterns, you can do that, but it is not necessary.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Hi and thanks for the reply which helps a lot.

one quick thing though - with SRST, which I forgot to mention - I'm guessing that the user might then experience delays in that circumstance...agree?

in the meantime I'll post for UK dial plans...thanks again...MS.

You are right, in case of SRST operation, users may get a small post-dial delay when no punctual DPs configured.

But, using interdigit timeout set to a reasonable value of 4, it is not really a big issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: