cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Connecting two CME

mljevakovic
Level 3
Level 3

I have two CME one with ver 3.3 and other vith ver. 4.(0)1. I've made connection between them over serial link. Every telephones from side of CME 4.(0)1 can call any telephone on side of CME 3.3 but in opposite direction it's not possible. I've checked configuration but I cannot find mistake. Pls any advice or comment.

I tried to connect these two CME with H.323 and SIP but the results are the same.

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi, can you configure SIP and take a trace on the 3.3? "term mon" and "debug ccsip message".

also please configure codec G711u under the dial peers.

Well done! I've done it and it works! But I have a question why I cannot use the codec G729r8?

Yes you can use it. Configure the phones that you want to use g729 with this command under ephone.

Configure a voice class that contains, at least, g711u and g729b. Use this voice-class in place of "codec" under DP.

Remember that if the circuit between routers has high jitter or packet loss, g.729 will perform poorly. In that case, the best thing would be ILBC, but the matter get complicated because you would need universal transcoding that has been just release and can be hard to configure.

As an appreciation to those providing answers, please rate useful posts using the scrollbox below!