cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Looking for a way to execute the 'copy run tftp' command on several rtrs

getwithrob
Level 3
Level 3

We have CiscoWorks RME's Netconfig tool but I don't see how to answer input from the 'copy run tftp' command.

Example:

router1#copy run tftp

Address or name of remote host []? 10.10.10.1

Destination filename [router1-confg]? < The Enter key has to be pressed for this prompt>

!!!!

12286 bytes copied in 0.472 secs

Any suggestions or input is appreciated

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

this is from the on-line help:

Using NetConfig User-defined Templates and Adhoc Tasks

You can enter an interactive command in the Enter CLI Commands area, using the following syntax:

CLI Commandcommand response 1 command response 2

tag is case-sensitive and this must be entered in uppercase only.

Example

For a Catalyst device, a clear counters command will give the following output

c5000# (enable) clear counters This command will reset all MAC and port counters reported

in CLI and SNMP. Do you want to continue (y/n) [n]?

To clear the counter, the syntax is:

clear counters y

To accept the default, the syntaxes are:

clear counters n

or

clear counters

To accept the default value, you do not need o enter any values after the tag .

####

and that is what Joe wrote in another thread about the meaning of :

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Network%20Infrastructure&topic=Network%20Management&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.1ddb738e

This is a popular misconception. The actually means "response to follow". A without a response means "accept the default". If you wanted to use a different file for a write net, the command would be:

write net192.168.1.1my-rtr.cfg

And if you wanted to acknowledge each prompt explicitly:

write net192.168.1.1my-rtr.cfgy

Note: there is no trailing as the 'y' does not generate a new interactive prompt.

It is also important to note that for a given command, all responses must follow on the SAME LINE. That is, this will NOT work:

write net

my-rtr.cfg

y

#####

and be aware that you need to have the permission to create files on you tftp server!(otherwise they must yet exist)

HTH

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

akemp
Level 5
Level 5

Is there a reason why you're trying to re-invent the wheel ?

RME Archive Management automatically keeps track of the configurations both running and startup.

The 3-RME boxes are used to backup another companies configurations for approximatley 15,000 rtrs and switches.

This company does not have access to login to the Unix boxes where these configs reside. As you know; looking up 1 or 2 or even 5 or 10 configs from the RME browser is no big deal but when you've got hundreds or thousands to do manually, it would be very time consuming and frustrating.

I'm simply trying to help an individual at this company have immediate access to all running configs for the routers he's responsible for. This way he doesn't have to come to us to get a config file.

this is from the on-line help:

Using NetConfig User-defined Templates and Adhoc Tasks

You can enter an interactive command in the Enter CLI Commands area, using the following syntax:

CLI Commandcommand response 1 command response 2

tag is case-sensitive and this must be entered in uppercase only.

Example

For a Catalyst device, a clear counters command will give the following output

c5000# (enable) clear counters This command will reset all MAC and port counters reported

in CLI and SNMP. Do you want to continue (y/n) [n]?

To clear the counter, the syntax is:

clear counters y

To accept the default, the syntaxes are:

clear counters n

or

clear counters

To accept the default value, you do not need o enter any values after the tag .

####

and that is what Joe wrote in another thread about the meaning of :

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Network%20Infrastructure&topic=Network%20Management&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.1ddb738e

This is a popular misconception. The actually means "response to follow". A without a response means "accept the default". If you wanted to use a different file for a write net, the command would be:

write net192.168.1.1my-rtr.cfg

And if you wanted to acknowledge each prompt explicitly:

write net192.168.1.1my-rtr.cfgy

Note: there is no trailing as the 'y' does not generate a new interactive prompt.

It is also important to note that for a given command, all responses must follow on the SAME LINE. That is, this will NOT work:

write net

my-rtr.cfg

y

#####

and be aware that you need to have the permission to create files on you tftp server!(otherwise they must yet exist)

HTH

copy running tftp 10.10.10.1

The entry above in Netconfig worked.

Thanks for the responses!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: