cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

New to IP Phone Service

tdlogan01
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to find out how to create a new sevice for the weather. Company is new in IP Phones and would like to have service out to a weather page to check weather. Any help would be great. New to all this.

7 Replies 7

mattmontgomery
Level 1
Level 1

Berbee has a very simple free service for weather and other things such as stock quotes. Here is the link to the free services.

http://www.berbee.com/public/berbeesoftware/XMLFree.aspx

Hope this helps.

tdlogan01
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the help. I tried putting in the url link for the weather and can not get it to work. when i go to the phone is states that host not found. Not sure what the correct url sentex I should be using.

I just copied and pasted the url from the berbee site (http://phone-xml.berbee.com/cgi-bin/weather.pl)into the service URL on the IP Phone services config page. I just tried it from my phone and got an error the first time, but then I entered the zip again and it worked, they may be having problems on their side.

I tried that, and again when I try the service on the phone it tells me Host not found. Not sure why it is not working. Do I need anything else in the url.

Have you tried to use the Cisco Asp files to set up for the weather. I tried using the weatherzipinput.asp sample file that cisco has and I get the prompt to enter a zip code or city or state...I put that in and then it comes back with unable to access url. I need to see how I have to edit the asp file to put the correct url.

I'm pretty sure that the code for those files is old and that the links to whatever weather site it uses is no longer good.

Oh ok...when I try the berbee link the phone goes out and I see it requesting but then times out and comes back with host not found. I have dns on I can ping the site fine not sure why not working. Is there any way I can give you a call. I really need to try and get this up an running.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: