Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Bandwidth upgrade

We're in the process of upgrading a circuit from 256 Mb to a t-1. I've verified that the hardware is fine (though we will be upgrading hw at a later time), but have a question on the config. The only thing I would need to change on the config is serial interface, bandwidth to 1536, correct? The router is 1751, IOS 12.2(11)T10.

Thanks,

C

6 Replies 6

froggy3132000
Level 3
Level 3

the bandwidth command will not change the speed of the interface. Please post the relevant info from your config.

Here's our current serial interface:

interface Serial0/0

description cir: 34.HCGS.416547

bandwidth 256

no ip address

encapsulation frame-relay IETF

no fair-queue

service-module t1 timeslots 1-4

frame-relay lmi-type ansi

!

interface Serial0/0.100 point-to-point

description lexington to host

bandwidth 256

ip address 192.168.0.22 255.255.255.252

no cdp enable

frame-relay interface-dlci 100 IETF

thanks,

Chris

Hi Chris,

No, the bandwidth command is used by routing protocols, QoS and other tools, it doesn't control the physical speed of the interface, the CSU/DSU connected to this interface controls the speed, i guess your provider will do this for you.

HTH,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

The only change required to use the full T1 is to enable the service module t1 timeslots all command.

int s0/0

service-module t1 timeslots all

HTH

Sundar

Sundar,

You are totally correct, i've missed that this is a channelized interface, and Chris please make sure that your provider has modified the T.S configuration on the CSU/DSU to match yours.

HTH,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

thanks everyone for the replies!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card