Views
Helpful
Replies

i see my extension of phone number on pstn phone

dcoulanges
Level 1
Level 1

I will like not to see my extenxion on the pstn phone, only my PRI DOD

which command i have to put to not allow my extension number on the pstn number.

When somebody on the outside(PSTN) don't see my extension, but only a the same number that represent all my extension in my office ?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

One option in this case is to use a voice translation rule to translate the calling number. Take a look at the following link. The translation profile can also be applied at the voice port level which would reduce the required configuration if all calls out of the PRI should have the same caller ID.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps4625/products_tech_note09186a0080816cac.shtml

Hope this helps.

Brandon

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can accomplish this several ways. If you want all calls going out of the PRI to have the same caller ID, set the Caller ID DN field in gateway configuration to the caller ID that you would like presented to the PSTN.

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

what is the command ?

In CCM administration, go to Device -> Gateway and find and click on your gateway. If this is an H.323 gateway, you will see Caller ID DN under Outbound Calls on the main page. If this is an MGCP gateway, you will need to choose the PRI port. After choosing the port, you will see Caller ID DN under Outbound Calls.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

i got call manager expresss 4.1

One option in this case is to use a voice translation rule to translate the calling number. Take a look at the following link. The translation profile can also be applied at the voice port level which would reduce the required configuration if all calls out of the PRI should have the same caller ID.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps4625/products_tech_note09186a0080816cac.shtml

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: