cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

adding new subscriber to the cluster

jason-calbert_2
Level 3
Level 3

I have added new subscriber to the cluster. Everything went fine on the install. I can see this server from CCMADMIN and start services ect.

When I go to SQL server group I do not see the server there. Do I have to manually add this to the Group?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes, you can right-click SQL Server Group and choose New SQL Server Registration.

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes, you can right-click SQL Server Group and choose New SQL Server Registration.

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

is there any chance of the new subscriber over writing the database on the pub and wiping it out?

i'm sure the answer is "no" but i'm about to add a sub also and want to be sure.

thanks in advance.

I always hesitate to say that there is no chance of a particular event happening, but to my knowledge this could not happen by chance. It would require some specific steps with the intent to make this happen such as breaking the SQL replication, etc. By default, the behavior in a publisher/subscriber relationship is for database changes to be written to the publisher and then replicated to the subscriber. Changes are never replicated from the subscriber to the publisher.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Hi Jerry,

You are correct! There is no chance of this happening. I have worked with many people who have added Subscriber Servers and have never had this happen.

Hope this helps!

Rob

EDIT: Brandon is correct :) This should be a 99.99999% qualified No!

thanks every one.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: