Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Support for OPX analog lines?

I have a site that has this set up on an old phone system and need to support it in the new CME. I am having a tough time figuring out if I can get support an OPX line for a remote analog phone on a 3800 router. I see the plar opx stuff for FXO ports but this isn't what I'm looking to do. I would think that I need it on the FXS side. Anyone know if this is doable?

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Almost anything is doable with cisco. Please tell how do you want things to work and we can suggest a config. please state which type of pstn lines you have on the ISR router.

The router has a 2 port FXS and a 4 port FXO. The line in question is a OPX analog line that runs about 2 miles away. Being that it's an OPX trunk, I'm not sure that it would work properly off of an FXS port..especially at that distance.

I would try anyway. if the line is 'conditioned' will work no issue. And chances are, will work even if dry pair.

jgittins1
Level 1
Level 1

Did the FXS port work for you ?

I am in the same boat and wondering if you tried this soluton

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: