cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7960 not getting IP address

jones2sr
Level 1
Level 1

I have a few 7960's that refuse to get an IP address. Even if I configure the 7960 with a static IP address it still does not communicate with callmanager. I've plugged in a known good 7960 into the switch port and it works fine. Everything seems to point to the phone. Any ideas?

thanks

7 Replies 7

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Have you tried a factory reset ? What image is on the phones right now ? (Version)

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Yes, I have tried factory resets.

image:

app load id: p00303020215

boot load id: pc03a300

Hi,

seems to me these are ancient firmware, can you try something more recent like 7.x or 8.x ?

Do you have CDP enabled on the switch? Just a thought. Didn't read initial post. It might be DOA. So far, I have had 3 out of 600 that would not boot up and we had to RMA the phone.

I just thought of something else, do you have the phone added in the Call Manager as the right phone type.

Are the devices configured on the callmanager correctly? Confirm the correct MAC address of the device on the callmanger.

v-yelmene
Level 1
Level 1

I am having the same problem. My phones will also not allow me to change any settings, the lock is disabled but the "Select" or "Edit" buttons give the following message;

"That key is not active here". This seems very odd.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: