Views
Helpful
Replies

4.13 upgrade to 4.3

twissam
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i have an uprgade to 4.3 for CCM, i am wondering if somebody did it before or he can guide me thgrough.

i mean does it need to uprgade the OS first or the CCM first.

Good day

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

take a look at step 11 under "Upgrading Related Cisco CallManager Services and Detecting the Server (Required)"

Basically the system is restoring the DB from your BARS backup tar file.

Chris

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You do the OS install first and then use BARS to restore the DB.

This link should help you:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_callmg/4_3/install/upgrade/upg431/upgrfrom.htm#wp1064007

HTH,

Chris

thanks a lot for the info, very helpful.

are you sure i need to restore the DB.

as the document is saying just upgrade, it is not mentionning a restore once i have upgraded the OS.

any way i have only one server in the cluster, so it should not be tuff ;-)

Good day

take a look at step 11 under "Upgrading Related Cisco CallManager Services and Detecting the Server (Required)"

Basically the system is restoring the DB from your BARS backup tar file.

Chris

Do I have to complete entire upgrade inclusive of the subscribers in a single exercise?

Coz right now I have a situation where after finishing with the Publisher upgrade, I cannot see the CCM users page.

The subscriber is still at 4.1(3), my third party apps are failing as a result of being unable to access the user information.

How do we proceed?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: