cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Policy based routing

ianwarb
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying apply policy based routing on an MPLS WAN at the hub site to force all incoming traffic to go via the firewall rather than back out onto the WAN. I tried to create a route map with a match statement pointing to an AS-Path ACL but it doesn't work. The reason I wish to do this is because the remote sites run BGP and I can identify sites by AS number rather than IP address. I suspect it doesn't work because BGP is not using this ACL rather it is IP routing but has anyone ever tried this and got it working. Any help would be appreciated

regards

Ian

4 Replies 4

mohammedmahmoud
Level 11
Level 11

Hi,

I don't believe that this can be achieved as the packet that will be PBRed doesn't carry any AS info.

HTH,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

Hi Mohammed

thanks for the quick response. I thought that would be the case but wanted confirmation. I have one questions though that puzzles me, when I test this with the policy map applied all routing is PBRed where as I would have expected it to be destination based if it failed the match sequence

regards

Ian

Hi,

Can you post your configuration.

HTH,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

Hi

if you want the whole config can I mail you directly or are you only interested in the PBR stuff

regards

Ian

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: