cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2950 Failed Redundant power supply

neilh
Level 1
Level 1

I have a particular 2950 12 switch that the Cisco Network Assistant shows as having a failed redundant power supply error. I pulled the switch from the rack and there is only a single power supply in it and it is functioning. Can I just acknowledge this warning and carry on, or should I be concerned about possible future power supply failure?

Thanks,

Neil

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Do a 'show env all' if the PS status shows failed then you would have to replace it.

HTH

Sundar

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Do a 'show env all' if the PS status shows failed then you would have to replace it.

HTH

Sundar

tbhagia
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Neil,

I would suggest you to visually inspect the switch. The switch has 6 LEDs on the front panel for management purpose.

RPS LED:

- off: RPS is off or is not installed.

- Flashing amber: The internal power supply in a switch has failed, and the RPS is providing power to the switch (redundancy has been allocated to this device).

reference: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst2950/hardware/installation/guide/hgovrev.html#wp1022295

CLI command:

show env power

the above command will provide you information about the power supply

Hope this helps!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: