Views
Helpful
Replies

'NoResult' error when trying to upgrade IOS through Software Management

jpeterson6
Level 2
Level 2

Hello,

I've recently run into a problem where I try to upgrade the IOS on my 3750 switches through Software Management, but after I select the switch(es) to upgrade, the screen that usually brings up the 'recommended' IOS to upgrade to (from the repository), just says 'NoResult'.

I have the proper images in the repository, the current one (c3750-ipbase-mz.122-25.SEE1.b

in), and two newer versions to upgrade to (c3750-ipbase-mz.122-25.SEE3.b

in and c3750-ipbase-mz.122-37.SE1.bi

n). Neither of these are showing up.

I have had no issues with 2950, 3500, and 3550 switches, just the 3750's.

When I click the link labelled 'NoResult' on the far-right side of the screen, it gives me this error:

"SWIM1032: Images obtained for Recommendation do not meet the hardware and software requirements of the selected device.

Either the Candidate Images were filtered based on the selected Admin Preferences or they did not meet the Flash/RAM/BootROM needed to run on the device.

Check the Admin Preference or add more images to software repository and retry the operation."

I checked the RAM requirements of the current IOS running on the switches, and it's the same as the new ones. So why is this error coming up?

Under Admin->Software Mgmt-> View/Edit preferences I have all 5 recommendation options checked off. Is this the area that the error is referring to? It's pretty vague..

I'm running LMS 2.6, RME 4.0.5.

Any info is of course appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeff

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jreekers
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Jeff.

RME will only send .tar images to 3750-stack. Even if you can add a .bin

image to the repository, it will be masked when you try to select it to send

to the device.

Add the .tar image and try the job again.

Regards,

-Joe R.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

jreekers
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Jeff.

RME will only send .tar images to 3750-stack. Even if you can add a .bin

image to the repository, it will be masked when you try to select it to send

to the device.

Add the .tar image and try the job again.

Regards,

-Joe R.

Thanks Joe, that did the trick.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: