Views
Helpful
Replies

Bandwidth Monitoring and Network Mapping GUI

fmshea
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

MY "router" is a 4506! Off that I have 20 CISCO Switches, from 3560 to 2924's. I am looking for Software to give me a visual trunk to port bandwidth snapshot to see where we are across our humble network.

Also something to map(gui for printing) any device with with an I.P. we have 27 VLANS that would need to be included as well.

Suggestions?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I've been using CiscoWorks LMS but it is practically unusable. I purchased the 2.6 upgrade but have not had a chance to install it yet and am not to confident that it will be any better. I have SolarWinds Engineers Toolset and I really like the looks of their other products - Orion Network Performance Monitor and Cirrus Configuration Manager. They also have a diagraming application that you should check out. I will probably be looking at all these products next year when the CiscoWorks maintenance runs out. For the price of the upgrade plus SAS, it can definitely be justified.

For my wireless network, CiscoWorks WLSE has worked great so far.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

janf
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco Network Assistant is free and can provide you some rudimentary visual and configuration options. Solarwinds can provide some trunk, port and VLAN bandwidth info. PRTG works great for bandwidth monitoring. I use all these tools.

Thanks for the info, I am curently looking at Whatsup gold 11, I have very little profesioanl experience with any think but Cisco Network Assistant, For network mapping it only goes 1 deep unless I missed something. And you are right it is a good start.

Is there anything you would look into that you dont already have if you had a blank check or is what you have, plenty for the task at hand?

Also, I went to SolarWind, seems like they have several different things, which do you like?

Thanks, Mike

I've been using CiscoWorks LMS but it is practically unusable. I purchased the 2.6 upgrade but have not had a chance to install it yet and am not to confident that it will be any better. I have SolarWinds Engineers Toolset and I really like the looks of their other products - Orion Network Performance Monitor and Cirrus Configuration Manager. They also have a diagraming application that you should check out. I will probably be looking at all these products next year when the CiscoWorks maintenance runs out. For the price of the upgrade plus SAS, it can definitely be justified.

For my wireless network, CiscoWorks WLSE has worked great so far.

smoore367
Level 1
Level 1

Fluke offers a LAN mapshot program that you may want to look into. You give an IP range and it will map all the nodes within the range. You need to have Visio to map it.

Thanks for the tip I will check it out.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: