cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading 3750

bedevere.curry
Level 1
Level 1

We have a 3750 switch with 2 stack. Can someone please confirm the upgrade steps we have to do.

1. backup config

2. copy new image to both switch

3. set the boot statement

4. reload the switch

Quick quesition, I never upgraded a stacked switch.

1. Do we need both image on the switch? I assume we do.

2. Do we just change the boot on the master switch only?

3. Can we have 2 boot statement in case it fails to boot the new image?

thx Cisco

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

comjf
Level 1
Level 1

When you upgrade the 3750 switch firmware, the master switch automatically copies the boot files to the flash of all member switches.

The configuration file is shared by all members of the stack, so yes you only need to configure the boot statements once.

Yes, I believe you can have multiple boot statements, assuming you have sufficient flash space for multiple images. Always make sure you have a console cable handy in case you need to reload the firmware via XModem though!

Good luck.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

comjf
Level 1
Level 1

When you upgrade the 3750 switch firmware, the master switch automatically copies the boot files to the flash of all member switches.

The configuration file is shared by all members of the stack, so yes you only need to configure the boot statements once.

Yes, I believe you can have multiple boot statements, assuming you have sufficient flash space for multiple images. Always make sure you have a console cable handy in case you need to reload the firmware via XModem though!

Good luck.

PS, use the archive tar command to perform the upgrade

PS, use the archive tar command to perform the upgrade (if you want to use the http interface to manage your switch and have downloaded the image with this included)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: