cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco VPN Client V5.0 for Vista and VPN 3000

jricho
Level 1
Level 1

Just wondering whether anybody can give an accurate answer in relation to the compatibility between the Cisco VPN Client for Vista and Cisco VPN 3000 concentrators.

Are they compatible? Will there be any issues with the new Client for Vista connecting to the VPN 3000.

thanks,

6 Replies 6

pcomeaux
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes - release 5.0 provides Vista OS support for the VPN client.

I have several customers using release with Vista with success.

Are there specifics you are looking for?

thxs

peter

I was after specifics relating to whether there would be any issues with the Cisco VPN Client version 5 and the Cisco VPN concentrator.

I need to know whether I will have to upgrade the VPN concentrator or install a Cisco ASA to support the Vista client.

thanks,

How about for 64Bit Vista?

Im told that 64bit Vista is not on the roadmap for the Cisco VPN Client.

You have to move to the AnyConnect VPN Client and ASA headends if you have Vista 64bit.

Yeah do you know how to customize the install. I am using wise installer and I don't know how to custom the splash screen an few others.

John

spokejunky
Level 1
Level 1

I've been testing the beta and latest release VPN client for Vista. We have a 3000 series concentrator and have had no issues and have not had to upgrade on the concentrator side. Having said that we won't be doing any saturation testing as we're migrating to a new ASA.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: