cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Custom Report from 3.5 to 4.0.4

cairns-a
Level 1
Level 1

I have a custom report that was written for IPCC 3.5. We are upgrading to 4.0.4. From my test on our test 4.0.4 box the custom report does not work.

Will we have to re-write the custom report?

Are there just a few changes we need to make?

Any docs to look at that would help?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Trae

4 Replies 4

tapk5
Level 3
Level 3

Not sure how you wrote custom reports. If using SQL stored procedure then call by Crystal reports. It is likely the stored procedure was removed when IPCCX upgrades. And you need to verify the stored procedure is still valid in 4.04.

Wei

How to create SQL Stored Procedure? I tried to create a link between Crystal Report and IPCCX server, and got error "Login failed for user sa. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL server connection".

I used sa/sa as UserID/password when configure connection between Crystal Report and IPCC server.

Any idea where went wrong?

Thanks

I ran into the same problem. I opened a TAC case and they had me do a workaround I don't really like but am still using it.

Rename the password of your local administrator on your workstation to the same administrator password as the server that has sql.

Then log on as the administrator to crystal reports. (right click and you will see it)

The reason for this is that the crs server is in a workgroup and not the domain.

rlp

Thanks for reply.

I used that way in my wallboard solution. I am hesitating to provide access to reporting person.

The other way to establish link between Crystal Report and SQL is to use Mixed Mode Authentication. That way you can use account sa for authentication. But this is not supported in Cisco.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: