cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Recieving Digits on H323 Gateway

Jeff Thompson
Level 1
Level 1

I need some guidance on this. We have a 3725 acting as a voice gateway between our Nortel PBX and Cisco Call Manager cluster. We currently have some sites on the Nortel side and some on the Cisco side. We cut-over another site today to our Cisco side and need to route some 10/11 digit dialing from the Nortel through the 3725 gateway to Call Manager for local calling out another gateway on the cisco side. When running debug q931 on the gateway, we see all digits coming from Nortel -> 91503XXXXXXX or we tried just sending 1503XXXXXXX. Either way we get a fast busy or just a bunch of air with the debug stating back ?unallocated/unassigned number?

The call manager is configured on the H323 gateway to see all the digits.

There are route patterns built in call manager to route those digits (with or with out the 9) out the specific gateway. The Calling Search space for the gateway has the partitions associated with it to access those route patterns.

Here is a snipit of the voice GW dial-peer

dial-peer voice 90 pots

destination-pattern 9.T

progress_ind setup enable 3

direct-inward-dial

port 2/1:23

forward-digits all

!

dial-peer voice 2000 voip

preference 2

destination-pattern [1-8]...

voice-class codec 1

session target ipv4:172.16.x.x

dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric

no vad

!

dial-peer voice 2001 voip

preference 1

destination-pattern [1-8]...

voice-class codec 1

no vad

!

Any help on some possible solutions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The loop is becuase of dial-peer 90, there should be no destination-pattern on it unless you also send calls out to PSTN from CM via this trunk.

Validate that your CSS applied to the GW has access to the RPs parition, AGAIN.

What version of IOS are you running?

Make sure your isdn switch-type matches on both sides as well.

Chris

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Is the snipit of the GW between the Nortel and CM?

If so, then your voip dial-peers' destination-pattern should be 9T.

Have you tried looking the ccm traces on CM to see if the call arrives there?

Are you blocking trunk-trunk calls ("block off-net to off-net transfer" service parameter name)?

Chris

Thanks for the quick response. Yes, the GW is between the Nortel and CM. I will try the 9T on the dial-peer.

I have not looked at the ccm traces yet and to my knowledge we are not doing any off-net to off-net transfers. Is this a default on CM 5.1?

Brian189
Level 1
Level 1

Hi. Based on your configuration, it looks like dial-peer 90 is used as the incoming dial-peer for calls coming from the PBX, but where are the outgoing dial-peers for CallManager? If you create additional dial-peers with destination-pattern 91.......... pointing to 172.16.X.X, it might resolve the issue.

Thanks for the post Brian. once the digits are passed from the nortel through the GWto CM, I need CM to route them out a different GW based on the current route patterns built in CM

Hi. Could you post the output from "debug voice dialpeer".

Thanks, Brian

Add the following dial-peer:

dial-peer voice 99 voip

destination-pattern 9T

voice-class codec 1

no vad

Thanks cderen. I will try this dial-peer and get back to the post with the results.

OK - I added the dial-peer and still no luck. What happens is the call starts looping back to the nortel. I tried reordering the dialpeers with still not luck. Is there something I am missing on CM? I have attached a debug output of this call coming into the gateway

The loop is becuase of dial-peer 90, there should be no destination-pattern on it unless you also send calls out to PSTN from CM via this trunk.

Validate that your CSS applied to the GW has access to the RPs parition, AGAIN.

What version of IOS are you running?

Make sure your isdn switch-type matches on both sides as well.

Chris

Thanks Chris. We do send calls out to the PSTN from CM on this trunk. Though there are no patterns that start with 91503....... OR 91971....... directed towards this gw.

The IOS version is 12.3(14)T7

The isdn switch-type is the same on the trunk. It is an active trunk for passing out long distance call and 4 digit inter-office calling.

I was thinking on making the dial-peer you suggested to be more specific; something like this...

dial-peer voice 99 voip

preference 1

destination-pattern 91971.......

voice-class codec 1

session target ipv4:172.16.200.201

no vad

!

any thoughts?

What IP Address are you using for this gateway in CallManager? It's Loopback? If you're using its loopback as the H323 termination point, you'll have to do one of the following:

A) Change the "Accept Unknown TCP Connection*" CallManager service parameter from False to True

or

B) Put this config into the gateway

interface loopback0

h323-gateway voip bind srcaddr X.X.X.X (replace X.X.X.X with Loopback address)

Let me know if this resolves it.

Brian

Thanks Chris for all your input. It ended up being a RP partition with in the gw CSS that I totally over looked. Also, I applied the more specific destination-pattern because we are routing other out bound calls towards the notel PBX for PSTN access through that gateway. Again Thanks.

-Jeff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: