cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

tftp question

bedevere.curry
Level 1
Level 1

if you are copying an image from tftp and you session times out. Does it not complete? We have a 3750 switch with 8557568 bytes free. The image is

7205024 (c3750-ipbasek9-mz.122-25.SEE2.bin)

When my session timesout. I log back in and the file doesn't appear to be there so I assume that when the session dies it kills my tftp progress.

thx

2 Replies 2

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

Once the session is getting timed out i feel your tftp copy is getting disconnected.

I would rather suggest to recheck the available space in the flash and also the files available in the flash.

Do remove unecessary incomplete files which might be occupying space and wont lead into unavailability of space...

Once you are done with the same try to configure FTP services and try uploading the ios using FTP services instead of TFTP..

regds

smothuku
Level 7
Level 7

Hi ,

solarwinds tftp server is good one...as per previous post check the size in flash before going for IOS upgradation...

If there is not enough space in flash then do " erase flash " and load the image ...

Pl check the below link ..

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps5023/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00805a64fb.html#wp1020606

if possible paste sh flah and sh ver outputs..

Cheers :

satish

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card