cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

C2924 Power/Booting Up Issues

darthshrike
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have a C2924 that takes many many tries to power on. Once power is connected, the fans spin up and the LEDs go orange and it stops there. I can continue powering up and down the switch for 30mins with no change.

This is where it gets silly, if I physically hit the top of the switch with my hand with a rather large amount of force, while it?s not powered up, it will cause the bootup of the switch to progress a little further next time power is applied to it. Now this doesn't always work and sometimes takes a few hits, but it?s the only way I've found to make it work.

Usually after a few hits I'll get the LEDS to go green on bootup, then a few more hits will get it to the stage where the green LEDS are going out at the port testing stage and then it will hang. A final bash with my hand and the whole switch will finally boot up and be usable.

I'm at a loss as to what could be causing this. Any suggestions?

2 Replies 2

smothuku
Level 7
Level 7

Hi ,

It could be a hardware issue...

plz check the below link ..

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst2900xl_3500xl/2900switches/2900hig/29TRBL.html

Cheers :)

satish

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Time to get a new switch ... 2924's are ancient and are long out of support.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card