cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Supervisor Module from MDS 9506 work on 9509?

imaginary
Level 1
Level 1

We ordered a MDS 9509 for one of our customers. We were shipped a MDS 9506 by mistake. Now we are in the process of swapping just the frame & power supplies because the rest of the configuration is right. My question is will the supervisor modules from 9506 work on 9509? If yes, do I have to change the code on them or something?

Thanks,

Mansoor

3 Replies 3

inch
Level 3
Level 3

G'day,

They are the same part numbers....

Cheers

Andrew

stephen2615
Level 3
Level 3

I have to ask if they mucked up the model, did you give you the right supervisor cards? Did you order 2nd Gen and get 1st Gen?

Sounds like it was sold by HP to me. Their favouritism for Brocade can sometimes show in Cisco orders. They can have a tendency to not supplying Cisco "certified" SFP's.

And as Inch suggested, nothing needs to be done as they are identical cards.

Stephen

ltd
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Mansoor,

Inch is on the money. The hardware (Sup/linecards) is identical, its essentially just a change in sheet metal.

You could remove the Supervisors and linecards from the (existing) MDS9506 and put them into the (new) MDS9509 and you'll find that the configuration will move with the Supervisors.

cheers.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: