Views
Helpful
Replies

WAAS

shankar1023
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Am shankar.I am currently working on WAAS (Wide area application services).I need information regarding who are all providing products for application and file server accelaration,WAAN Optimization and i want to know the top five companies providing the produts.Please share with me if you know something.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

As per my market studies, Riverbed & HP stands at 1st place. HP uses software of Riverbed only, but the hardware is of HP.

At second place, Packet shaper is there.

Third place is for Juniper.

Well about tech docs, please visit www.riverbed.com & www.hp.com.

The technical support for both Riverbed & HP is excellent.

Its up to you to go for Cisco, as it stands at 4th place.

Riverbed & HP has Linux as backend operating system, so you can rest assured for stability.

Lemme know if u need anything specific.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

gajolly
Level 1
Level 1

hi shankar,

the one i can think of is Juniper, they r into Application,file Server acceleration & WAN OPtimization....

Gaurav Jolly

gajanan.pande
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Shankar,

Wan acceleration products are developed by many vendors. Even cisco has one, but the leading products are from Riverbed, HP, Cisco.

Actually cisco's wan accelerator product stands at 4th or 5th place as far as market demand is considered.

Regards

Gajanan

what about silver peak ,packetshapper?

Yes, Shankar,

Packetshaper stands at 2 or 3rd position. Actually I was unable to remember the name. Sorry abt that. Even Juniper WAC is also good.

can u just tell me which is number 1 and 2?, and what are the right resources to study about WAN Optimization?send some links if you have.actually i have gone through WAFS and ACNS on cisco.I need more product information and top 5 product providers to compare and research.

Hi,

As per my market studies, Riverbed & HP stands at 1st place. HP uses software of Riverbed only, but the hardware is of HP.

At second place, Packet shaper is there.

Third place is for Juniper.

Well about tech docs, please visit www.riverbed.com & www.hp.com.

The technical support for both Riverbed & HP is excellent.

Its up to you to go for Cisco, as it stands at 4th place.

Riverbed & HP has Linux as backend operating system, so you can rest assured for stability.

Lemme know if u need anything specific.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: