cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with LACP or Switch ports?

mcawley
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to setup LACP (Cisco 6513) on an Apple XServe but I cannot get both ports to be working simultaneously. I have successfully set up the 4 other Xserves but this one will not work. When I do a "sh etherchannel 27 summary" it shows one port in Po27(SU) and the other in Po27B(SU) and it is waiting to be aggregated.

I can get each port to work fine on a Catalyst 2950, the server's motherboard and NIC's have been swapped out to test, and other servers work fine on the ports, just not this server.

At this point we have no idea where to go but are convinced the problem has to come from the switch somewhere.

6 Replies 6

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you connect the same 2 links on another server, does it work ?

If you move the problem server to a LACP group that works, what happens ?

Posting your config will sure help !

The same 2 links work fine on another server and if I move the problem server to a working channel on the 6513 it does not work. However, on the Cat 2950 it worked.

Let me know if there is anything else you need, and thanks for the help!

Port 39 is working, the problem seems to be with Port 40. Can you change the mode to active on both links ?

I suggest doing a shut/no shut on each link to isolate any down state due to err-disable.

I too would think it would either have to be forced on or at least "active" , not passive. what was the 2950 config ,they should be identical as channels are setup the same way on both .

This is the same config that was used on the 2950. The other Xserves are also in passive mode. Putting these ports into active had the same results. I'm completely at a loss as to what the cause could be.

passive/passive won't work. One side needs to be active. Can you remove the lacp command from the interfaces ? The 'mode active' will take care of the etherchanneling LACP mode.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card