Help with route pattern

Unanswered Question
Jul 18th, 2007
User Badges:

I have a situation where local calling is available across more than one area code. Only some exchanges in the neighboring area code are local while others are not. I know how to create a route patterns for each individual exchange but I would like to create a pattern that would match a set of exchanges if possible. The problem is the exchanges are not sequential and do not follow a pattern that lends itself easily to wild cards. Is it possible to create set to compare against..eg [303,567,498,613] ?

Overall Rating: 4 (1 ratings)
jason-calbert_2 Wed, 07/18/2007 - 05:27
User Badges:
  • Bronze, 100 points or more

You could use a 9.@ but use a route filter that 303,567,498,613 only exists. This way you can have multiple 9.@ in different partitions that route to only specific area codes.

Here is a link that you can read about route filters http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_callmg/4_1/sys_ad/4_1_3/ccmcfg/b03rtflt.htm

HTH

Jason

jdedon Wed, 07/18/2007 - 06:08
User Badges:

I see in the router filter where you can specify both an area code and an office code which is what I am looking for, but I am trying to create as few filters as possible to match against. It doesn't appear that you can put a string of office codes seperated by a comma or other delimiter for the filter to validate against. The number of office codes (or exchanges) to compare can get fairly large (over 50) from any given gateway.

jason-calbert_2 Wed, 07/18/2007 - 08:08
User Badges:
  • Bronze, 100 points or more

You can do this by linking route filters together. So you can have one 9.@ and multiple route filter tied together using the or statement.

This will work for what you want to do.

Jason

Actions

This Discussion