cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help with route pattern

jdedon
Level 1
Level 1

I have a situation where local calling is available across more than one area code. Only some exchanges in the neighboring area code are local while others are not. I know how to create a route patterns for each individual exchange but I would like to create a pattern that would match a set of exchanges if possible. The problem is the exchanges are not sequential and do not follow a pattern that lends itself easily to wild cards. Is it possible to create set to compare against..eg [303,567,498,613] ?

3 Replies 3

jason-calbert_2
Level 3
Level 3

You could use a 9.@ but use a route filter that 303,567,498,613 only exists. This way you can have multiple 9.@ in different partitions that route to only specific area codes.

Here is a link that you can read about route filters http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_callmg/4_1/sys_ad/4_1_3/ccmcfg/b03rtflt.htm

HTH

Jason

I see in the router filter where you can specify both an area code and an office code which is what I am looking for, but I am trying to create as few filters as possible to match against. It doesn't appear that you can put a string of office codes seperated by a comma or other delimiter for the filter to validate against. The number of office codes (or exchanges) to compare can get fairly large (over 50) from any given gateway.

You can do this by linking route filters together. So you can have one 9.@ and multiple route filter tied together using the or statement.

This will work for what you want to do.

Jason