cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Leave Word Calling feature

thomuff
Level 3
Level 3

Does Unity have this feature or is there a way to accomplish this feature?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Thomas,

Very interesting feature! Sorry to say that it is not supported on a CCM/Unity installation :(

For those of you following along, here is a description of the "Leave Word" feature;

Leave Word Calling

Leave Word Calling (LWC) is a switch feature that allows people within a company to leave a prerecorded message requesting that their call be returned) by pressing a button on their voice terminal. If the caller does not have a LWC button, the caller can dial the LWC dial access code followed by the destination extension. As integrated with the DEFINITY AUDIX system, LWC does not allow the caller to leave a spoken message, but does identify who called, the time and date of the call, and extension of the caller.

The LWC feature is the quickest way to ask someone to return your call

From this doc;

http://www.carrollcommunications.com/audix/leavewordcallingCLModeOnly.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

mrmccann
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can you be more specific about what you are trying to accomplish?

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

Leave word calling is Avaya's terminology for setting the message waiting indicator on the phone when a voicemail message is sent. Unity provides this capability. Are you using a CallManager PBX or Avaya system, meaning what PBX integration would you use with Unity? Cisco provides integration support documentation for Unity with a number of PBX systems. There are specific instructions you need to perform, depending on the PBX, to ensure this functionality.

Ginger

It is a Cisco Call Manager with Unity implementation.

Yes then.

rlp

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Thomas,

Very interesting feature! Sorry to say that it is not supported on a CCM/Unity installation :(

For those of you following along, here is a description of the "Leave Word" feature;

Leave Word Calling

Leave Word Calling (LWC) is a switch feature that allows people within a company to leave a prerecorded message requesting that their call be returned) by pressing a button on their voice terminal. If the caller does not have a LWC button, the caller can dial the LWC dial access code followed by the destination extension. As integrated with the DEFINITY AUDIX system, LWC does not allow the caller to leave a spoken message, but does identify who called, the time and date of the call, and extension of the caller.

The LWC feature is the quickest way to ask someone to return your call

From this doc;

http://www.carrollcommunications.com/audix/leavewordcallingCLModeOnly.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob -

Looks like I missed the mark on this one - thanks for posting your update. On that note, would the Live Reply possibly simulate what is trying to be accomplished? While you are listening to a caller's voice message you can press the Live Reply key (depending on your Unity conversation style) and call the voicemail sender back. I know this works with our digitally networked Unitys. By the way, Kudos for your response :-)

Sincerely, Ginger

Hi Ginger,

I don't think you have ever "missed the mark" on any of your answers :) Continued participation by people like you is what makes these forums so valuable to people like me! It was a post of yours that I read one day that encouraged me to start up here (when your offered to courier some old Media cd's to a fellow Netpro who was having problems).

That single post showed me the spirit that was involved in this community and I have tried to live up to your high standards ever since! I have not always been successful in this endeavor, but its always good to set your sights high.

My hats off to you Ginger :)

Best Regards,

Rob