Views
Helpful
Replies

Incorrect IP Address in CCMAdmin

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Has anyone seen a scenario when CCMAdmin displays the IP address of a CallManager in lists of phones where it should display the IP address of a phone?

The address is a hyperlink that takes you to a web page served by the handset. Occasionally some phones appear with the CallManager's IP address, so the link doesn't work. Resetting the phone from CCMAdmin clears the error but it seemingly happens at random.

Running 4.2(3)SR1.

Any ideas?

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
14 Replies 14

michaelzhq
Level 2
Level 2

Did you get the answer? I have the same problem.

Thanks.

Nope... no answer at all.

May raise a TAC case...

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Was this ever resolved, we are having the same problem and when this happens, our Berbee services will not work properly b/c Berbee cannot see the IP addresses of the phones, seems to happen pretty often lately, only way to resolve is to reboot all the phones.

Thaht looks like a RIS problem

Restart RIS service to see if that helps.

Same CCM version as Aaron?

I'm running CM 5.1. I'll restart that service though and see if that helps.

That still didn't do the trick, must reboot the phones in order for the IP address to display correctly. Any other suggestions to why this may happen?

jcp408
Level 1
Level 1

Seen this a few times under 4.2(3)sr1 through sr3. Only with gen3 Java phones and newer DST firmware. Biggest problem for us is Syn-Apps SA-Announce blows chunks when it gets the wrong IP address from CallManger.

We've been resetting the phones but now its time to open a TAC case.

I currently have a TAC open and will post results as soon I get a solution to this problem.

We've seen the same thing on CCM4.1(3)es122.1 with 7911 phones. So far we just reset the phones, but if this is more wide spread I would be interested in resolution.

Did you get anywhere with the TAC case? I am seeing this problem and am very interested in any fixes you have uncovered.

No where with TAC on this issue, I opened 2 different TAC cases with 2 different customers experiencing this problem. I restarted Tomcat and reset all phones, still happened again within about 1 to 2 weeks. Sent various logs and traces to TAC, but they couldn't find anything. One of them summed up the problem as being a 1 time cosmetic event. Very strange issue. Still happening, one of the customers has Berbee so when this occurs, Berbee doesn't work properly. If anyone else finds out any info, please pass along.

b_fersuson, do you happen to know what phone versions the sites were running?

I'm running CM 5.1 with 8.3.1, all 7971 phones.

In addition to b_furgeson I opened my own TAC case.

Ours was limited to 7911 phones only. I documented the situation very thoroughly and TAC directed quite a bit of investigation and setup. Needed problem to reoccur. Waited 3 weeks and it did not reoccur and hasn't occurred since. But we did downgrade 3gen phone firmware from 8-3-2 to 8-2-2 for other reasons.

Strongly suspect SNMP MIB's on some phone firmware versions are getting out of whack and reporting incorrect information to RIS Data Collector service.

Our clusters/phones having this problem also have Syn-Apps through the phone paging.

Jon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: