Looking for Cisco router with SFP's, VPN, and security.

Answered Question
Jul 18th, 2007

I'm looking for a Cisco router that will give me the same VPN functionality as my Cisco PIX 506-E as well as have multiple SFP slots so I can connect fiber channels directly to my other switches. The router will be on a dual-T1 Level 3 network and will be pushing alot of data.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 5 (3 ratings)
m-jankowski Wed, 07/18/2007 - 06:42

Well.. I would like one for every switch and thats 4 so far. But if I could just tie the other 3 into my one 3560 series and tie that one into the router then it would work.

I just figured I would tie all the switches into the router, but I don't think the difference would be too great performance wise if I tied into the switch then the router.

m-jankowski Wed, 07/18/2007 - 06:51

Now is the HWC-1GB-SFP capable of mating with a CISCO GLC-SX-MMeql 1000BASE-SX short wavelength; without DOM transceiver?

m-jankowski Wed, 07/18/2007 - 11:13

Ok So my GLC-SX-MM's will work.

I'm reading the product page and this says its a WAN interface card.. Which is nice but can it be used as a LAN(internal) interface?

m-jankowski Thu, 07/19/2007 - 06:02

Ok good. Does the router have the same type of interface as my PIX did? I only ask this because its really easy to set up VPN's with my 506E right now and I was hoping it would be the same way.

EDIT: by interface I mean the PDM.

This Discussion