Views
Helpful
Replies

What is it called

e11enco1eman
Level 1
Level 1

I can't think of what it is called..

My company wants to put text messages on our phones (7940/7960), in case of outages, or even to wish everyone a happy holidays!

What is that called? System Message? Event message?

Thanks

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

mchandak
Level 7
Level 7

If this is line above the softkey options (Redial, New Call, CFwdALL etc), then yes, this is System Message which is currently only supported on CME.

Incase it covers the entire screen, then it is Idle URL which is support on CallManager. System Message cannot be configured on CM. The Screen will say "Your current options"

View solution in original post

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

The default display on phone shows, Your Current Options. This cannot be customized in Callmanager, but can be done in CME. Now there are third party products that let you show messages through XML (IPCelerate for example). You may want to check with them about the same.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

mchandak
Level 7
Level 7

If this is line above the softkey options (Redial, New Call, CFwdALL etc), then yes, this is System Message which is currently only supported on CME.

Incase it covers the entire screen, then it is Idle URL which is support on CallManager. System Message cannot be configured on CM. The Screen will say "Your current options"

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

The default display on phone shows, Your Current Options. This cannot be customized in Callmanager, but can be done in CME. Now there are third party products that let you show messages through XML (IPCelerate for example). You may want to check with them about the same.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Thanks for the quick response. I'll check out IPCelerate.

Are you saying that IPCelerate's software is able to alter the display on the status line in CM? If this is true then there must be a method available to reproduce this functionality, or at least I would hope that there is. If this is infact the case could someone please point me to a reference on how this can be accomplished? Thank you in advance for your assistance.

-Mike

You need to modify the "Your current options" entry in the ca-s-dictionary.utf8.xml file in td-sccp.jar (for 7970/7971) which is located in CCM "TFTPPath\English_United_States" or whatever is your user locale.

For 7941/61 - mk-sccp.jar

For 7906/11 - tc-sccp.jar

BR,

Stoyan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: