Views
Helpful
Replies

Acces internal servers with Real IP

emiahmad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have Cisco 870 router and I got 4 real IP from my ISP , I need to know how to configur the router to enable the outsiders to access a server that has public IP and connected to the eathernet port of the router

I tried to configure dailer0 port as unnumbered IP and gave vlan1 one of my real IPs then configur the server NIC with different real IP , I can access internet from that server but I need to access the server from the Internt

can you help

thank you

4 Replies 4

rais
Level 7
Level 7

Usually you would assign real IPs to servers if they are directly exposed to the Ineternet.

In your case looks like you are connecting to the Internet using a dialer interface. You should NAT the real IP addresses of the servers to the IPs provided to you by your ISP. On dialer0 or whatever interface you connect to your ISP you should use connector network IP.

Hope this helps.

As suugested above you require NAT.

Can you post your cuurent configuration

Narayan

emiahmad
Level 1
Level 1

I did solve the problem all I did is to add a static route that points to my server real IP Address behind the Router without using NAT

it seems like that

ip route 255.255.255.255 vlan1

an it works

thank you for all

lordthyag
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

U need a simple acl and nat.. pl post ur configuration and also let me now if ur using nat ing

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: