Cisco 1812 as Internal Router

Unanswered Question
Jul 18th, 2007

I have a PIX 506e and needed multiple vlans to separate internal traffic. So i purchased a 181 if I use F0 connected to the inside interface of the PIX it will not forward traffic unless I enable NAT. Can this router work in this scenario? I just want it to route traffic, no nat, no firewall, no pat. I was using subnet between devices.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Jon Marshall Wed, 07/18/2007 - 08:09

Hi Luke

Could you post configs of router + pix. There is no reason why you cannot connect your router to the pix and then have the clients talk to te router first.

lukemarino Wed, 07/18/2007 - 20:31

I have tried different configs this is the latest. I used the SDM to configure. The firewall is back to its original config. I would have to change the inside back to

the configs are attached.

spremkumar Wed, 07/18/2007 - 20:44

In the config posted over here i see the pix inside interface and the vlan configured on the router holds the same ip address

Can you check that part ?

lukemarino Wed, 07/18/2007 - 20:58

I had to change it to the original config. and remove the router so I could get them back up. it was set to

from the 192 network I could ping the router but not the pix

if I enabled nat I could ping but I do not want nat on the router since it is inside the pix

lukemarino Thu, 07/19/2007 - 06:06

Does the router config look correct to pass all traffic to the FE0 interface? I just want all non internal traffic and to be routed out This does not seem to be working.

This Discussion