cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Blank config (0kb) csv file after success 1200 series upgrade

Nicholas Hood
Level 1
Level 1

In the process of upgrading some IOS based 1200's to LWAP. Used Cisco's upgrade tool as well as the WCS to do the upgrades. The problem is that once it is complete, and asks us to retreive the config file, the file is blank with no Hash in it to send to the WCS to add it on. We also tried the debugging method mentioned here... http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_tech_note09186a008072d9a1.shtml#prob

any ideas on why the file would be blank and how to correct it?

Thanks in advance

11 Replies 11

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If the AP was manufactured after 7/2005 it would have a MIC, and the conversion tool would not need and SSC.

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Steprodr, thank you very much for your reply.

I am not sure when the AP was made, however it's not the conversion tool that needs the SSC, it is the WCS that needs it. When you have an AP that has been upgraded from IOS, the WCS does not initially "trust" the AP therefore it does not allow it to be added. We need the SSC to be able to add it in the list on the WCS so that we can add it, otherwise we are not able to control it

Was looking through TAC database and found this. "How to recover Hash Key from recently upgraded AP".

http://www.ciscotaccc.com/wireless/showcase?case=K79478046

That CSV file is blank with no info in it each time and AP we upgrade. This is the hash we need to add to WCS.

even easier.... enabled the option to ACCEPT the Self Assigned Certificate... and its the WLC (The WCS is just a management platform to control the WLC).

beabrams, Thanks for the response. whoops, sorry for confusing the two. I am still new to this so bare with me.

Ok, so, now I understand about the Manufacture date and that the AP will not have a SSC from a certian point. We still cannot get the AP to associate to the WLC. The AP will boot up, go into Discovery mode, obtain an IP from DHCP, attempt to contact the controller and then goes into Join mode, right after that, we get two errors...

1. LWAPP_CLIENT_ERROR_DEBUG: spamHandleJoinTimer: Did not recieve the Join response

2. LWAPP_CLIENT_ERROR_DEBUG: No more AP manager IP addresses remain.

then reboots itself and just does this over and over.

Thank everyone for their help.

I have the exact same problem.

I upgraded my AP, but the entry of the CSV is only "{MAC},SSC,"

The hash key is missing..

And in the WLC controllers log, i get the following message:

"Failed to authorize AP with Base Radio MAC {MAC}. Authorization entry does not exist in Controller's AP Authorization List."

How do i retrieve the hash key from the AP? It's a 1100 AP, so there is no console port.

I tried to put the original software on using a TFTP server, but the TFTP server errors with a timeout during transmission after the first block has been sent.

Martin,

Well, as the folks above, and our Cisco Engineer have stated that if your AP was made on or after a certian date.

If the csv file is blank, this means the AP you are upgrading has a manufacturing-installed certificate (MIC). This does not require you to do anything but plug it in to the network and it will join the controller if you have it on the same Vlan or setup DNS or Option43 in the DHCP scope. It?s only APs that were made before MIC were installed on the APs back in 2005. If you are still having a problem, feel free to contact me back.

All of that is fine and dandy, but once the upgrade is completed I still cannot get it to join the WLC and get the same error as you.

The AP is older than 07/2005.

I continued to work on it and I finally got the AP to eat an IOS release and then I tried to run the conversion tool again. This time I got the SSC hash key and its working fine.

I've got a 1131 that's doing the same thing..did you find a solution for this? It can't be a SSC issue due to it being a new 1131 with a MIC.. ??

1. LWAPP_CLIENT_ERROR_DEBUG: spamHandleJoinTimer: Did not recieve the Join response

2. LWAPP_CLIENT_ERROR_DEBUG: No more AP manager IP addresses remain.

then reboots itself and just does this over and over.

My controllers are set to Accept Self Signed Certificates and it appears that the .csv file has a HASH key in it also. But still I'm getting the same errors as the above poster bmullen is getting on several of my converted 1220 and 1231 APs.

My controllers are set to Accept Self Signed Certificates and it appears that the .csv file has a HASH key in it also. But still I'm getting the same errors as the above poster bmullen is getting on several of my converted 1220 and 1231 APs.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card