cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BAT Export device list, DID, etc CCM 4.2 to 5.1

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Im doing a fresh install of 5.1 and not migrating from 4.2 to 5.1. We want to export the phones from 4.2 with the MACs, DID, display names, etc. Can I do this with BAT?

Thanks!

Tommer

5 Replies 5

jbarcena
Level 9
Level 9

It is not supported and most of the times it does not work. You need to import using the same BAT version as well as the same CCM version as the one that was used for the export, eventhough I have seen it to work using different versions but once again most of the times does not work.

HTH

//Jorge

Hi Jorge -

Correct me if I am wrong, if I can get the MACs, phone type and DNs out of the 4.2 into the CSV file. Then I can copy those out the 5.1 BAT tool excel and create a new CSV Bat.

Correct?

Thanks for your help!

Hey Tommer,

I don't see why your method of applying the the proper Export Fields from the 4.2 CSV to the applicable Fields in the 5.1 BAT.xlt or CSV wouldn't work :) The problem here is that the Fields from one version of BAT don't always match up with the newer version of BAT. If you are willing to do the legwork I don't see why it would be a problem.

Take care!

Rob

Thanks Rob. I was thinking of just copying pasting the 4.2 phones and info I need out to the new BAT excel worksheet, create a new CSV and import to 5.1. Im creating all new CSS, PTs, regions, etc. So a whole new green install is what we are going for, but re-using the MACs, DNs, display txt, etc.

Its the best way. I've done it in a migration from 3.3.2 to 5.1. It's not so much work as you can think. It worths!

Good luck

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: