cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

911 by accident on CME

mcdonovan
Level 1
Level 1

I've seen some great posts for reducing accidental 911 calls for CM 3.x and 4.x platforms (see http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=IP%20Telephony&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.1ddedd8a/0#selected_message ) but is there any way to use this work-around on on a CME cisco3745 12.4(1a)platform?

11 Replies 11

mcdonovan
Level 1
Level 1

This is the current 911 config on my CME:

!

dial-peer voice 160 pots

destination-pattern 911

incoming called-number .

direct-inward-dial

port 0/0:23

forward-digits 3

!

dial-peer voice 170 pots

destination-pattern 9911

incoming called-number .

direct-inward-dial

port 0/0:23

forward-digits 3

!

!

voice-port 0/0:23

translate called 1

timeouts interdigit 3

!

From a previous post:

"Here is what I have done for my customers. This work aroundd goes off the premises that most systems use 9 as an access coded. Also that most accidental calls to 911 are from users who intended to make a LD call but dial two 1's followed by the number they wish to call, thus dialing 911. Originally Call Manager would immediately match as soon as 911 was dialed. I added another route pattern of 911X. When someone dials 911 Call Manager continues to collect digits until the inter-digit timeout is reached (5 seconds). If no other digits are collected Call Manager will route the call to emergency services. If another digit is pressed after dialing 911 Call Manager immediately matches the 911X route pattern and returns an error message to the caller. So for example if some dials 9113, as soon as the users hits 3 Call manager matches the 911x route pattern and gives the user an error message."

Is there anything I could add to CME config to mimick the workaround of the above post?

Did you ever find a solution to this? I am having the same problem at a CME site.

You can use my "safe 911" script. it can be acquired on the website mentioned in my profile.

How about changing off-net access code to something other than 9?

Chris

Thanks, Chris. I had offered the customer this option, but this met opposition.

I'll take a look, thanks.

Hi Paolo,

Can you give me a little detail on how the script works? What the user experience is?

Also I apologize for deleting your message to Chris on direct 911 being mandatory. I meant to delete only my stupid reply calling you by the wrong name... I will repost...

From Paolo:

"Hi Chris, thank you for recommending my solution.

While we're talking about that, time ago I saw a document for PBX certification, can't remember if it was state or nationwide level, anyway in there the ability of reaching emergency services dialing 911 directly was mandatory to pass.

Of course I can't find it now."

Paolo,

Very interesting, if you happen to run into it again let me know. I normally let customer make the decision themselves as I tell them I am not a lawyer, but if they happen to decide to only allow 911, I suggest they use stickers. Either way I try to push it on them to avoid future blame game.

Chris

From a third-party vendor,

http://www.amcomsoftware.com/solutions/enhanced_911_solutions/Legislation_Overview/

I'm sure some of these regulations actually make 90% of installed systems to be non-compliant.

Thanks Paolo, I am familiar with most state regulations (as I live in one of them), but none of them to my understanding require how 911 is to be dialed, for the most part the state laws specify how E911 is defined, i.e. how big an ERL needs be, how to provide separate ELIN for each ERL, etc, etc.

Chris

wrickk wrote:

Hi Paolo,

Can you give me a little detail on how the script works? What the user experience is?

Hi, all information is on my website, including contact email.