Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FXS port problem

Hello,

I have a problem found on 2 routers , they are c2800 with FXS ports ( VIC2-2FXS

) , problem that when I connect the phone to port 0 , the 2 fxs ports become off-hook , even if the phone is on-hook , and I can't dial to these ports as they are busy

when removing the phone from port 0 and connect it to port 1 it is ok and working fine

have any one faced this problem before

I replaced the cable , and the analog phone but with no joy

Please advise if you know any BUG or if you have any idea

Thanks & BR

Moamen

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi, can you confirm that the cable has two and only two wires using the central pins of RJ11 that goes into the router ?

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Hello

Actually , I asked the FE who installing the phone if it is 2 wires and he said YES

I'm not 100 % sure now , but iif it is not 2 wire and not with good pins , how it is working (same cable and phone ) with port 1

also I have the same problem in 2 routers in different locations , and it is hard for me to assume that cable and phones are bad in the 2 sites ( Cisco TAc asked me the same questions and advised me to check the analog phone also ) , but I already replaced it with the cable

Thanks & BR

Moamen

Hi,

the thing is that when there are more than two wires connected to port 0, it will happen exactly what you have described. Please see:

http://www.ciscotaccc.com/kaidara-advisor/voice/showcase?case=K12933148

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: