Views
Helpful
Replies

4404 interface issues

burnsidestev
Level 1
Level 1

I am experiencing a strange issue.

My management interface is up and working fine. If I then add an interface for another vlan, whenever I am hard connected to that vlan i cannot hit my management ip from that vlan it is not reachable.

I can still reach management from any other vlan. If i go to the ip of the interface i added in the vlan, then I can reach and ping the management interface ip again for a little while.

any ideas would be appriciated. I have not seen this at any of my other locations. I didnt install the LAN at this site though, just the controllers.

7 Replies 7

hadbou
Level 5
Level 5

Delete and readd the VLAN and make sure DHCP server is configured right.

Is your Service port IP address overlapping with any of your other IP's?

joergjagg
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

Maybe i have the same problem!

WLC4402-25, FW:4.0.

My management interface ist up (untagged)(192.168.1.x). My PC is on VLAN2(192.168.2.x).

If i add an interface (Name:VLAN2, VLANID:2, 192.168.2.x) then i can?t reach the controller any more. No SSH,no HTTP, no telnet. If i delete the interface named VLAN2 the everything works fine! I have no idea what the problem is. Maybe its a network problem?

BR

Joerg

Edit: Ther are no IP conflicts in the network.

Edit2: I connected to the above mentioned VLAN2 with my laptop, got an ip adress out of VLAN2(192.168.2.x) and i can conntect to the WLC with putty and ssh. But on my PC which is also in VLAN2 i cant connect?????

Best practice is not to have the Serial or Service port IP network overlap with any routable address on your network.

If I read you correctly, you are on wired VLan2 and you are trying to configure a wireless vlan2 on your controller at the same time. I don't think you can't do it - will obviously not. When you configure vlan2 on your WLC it's for the wireless clients not the wired clients. I have never tried to configure a wireless vlan the same as a wired vlan.

Hi have the same comportement, and i found one issue, not a very good issue, but an issue .....

When your PC is in VLAN2, you try to connect in ssh or https to the controler with the WLC IP oin vlan2 (192.168.2.x) and ... it's not work-> ok, immedialtly after you try to connect to the WLC with the IP in 192.168.1 and now it's working.

rtford31
Level 1
Level 1

Have you restricted allowed VLans on the switch's trunk directly connected to your WLC? Is the WLC connected to a trunk port on the switch?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: